Hey everyone! Any matcha loving meal prep junkies out there? These Blueberry Matcha Breakfast Muffins are wholesome and loaded with so many nutrient dense ingredients!
These muffins have it all- oats, fruit, nuts and collagen peptides/ protein powder making it the PERFECT grab and go breakfast! They are packed with antioxidants found in matcha powder, blueberries and almonds -these are so good you guys!
Have you tried matcha? It has an earthy bitter taste with sweet undertones. For me it was definitely an acquired taste but once I had it a few times and started liking it, I found myself CRAVING it! Matcha is green tea in powder form, it’s made by grinding up whole tea leaves making it much more concentrated than regular green tea, much stronger flavor than regular brewed green tea. This beautiful green powder is FULL of catechins, an antioxidant that helps fight against free radicals that damage cells in the body.
NOTE: Matcha does contain caffeine so be mindful of this if you’re sensitive or have been advised to avoid caffeine for any reason. Consult your healthcare provider if you have questions/concerns.
This Blueberry Matcha Breakfast Muffins recipe is packed with essential amino acids! I used unflavored Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (this is not sponsored; I am not getting paid to promote it, I have been using it for a couple of years and just love it) but you can use any protein powder you like, preferably unflavored. You can use vanilla protein powder but you'll want to adjust the sugar/maple syrup if the protein powder is sweetened.
Store them in the fridge once they have cooled! They store well for about a week or freeze them for several months (not likely to last that long because you will likely eat them pretty quickly!)
Other recipes you may enjoy:
Blueberry Matcha Breakfast MuffinsCourse: Breakfast
These wholesome breakfast muffins are perfect for a quick grab and go type of breakfast. Make them ahead of time when you know you're going to have a busy week. They are delicious and full of nutrient dense ingredients!
1 cup all purpose flour
½ cup rolled oats
½ cup sugar
1 ½ tablespoon matcha powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup almond milk
2 tablespoon coconut oil
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoon maple syrup
⅔ cup blueberries
¼ cup chopped/slivered almonds
½ cup collagen peptides or your favorite protein powder * See Notes
- Preheat oven to 375℉
- Prepare cupcake pan - I used large paper liners
- In a large bowl sift flour and matcha to remove clumps. Add rolled oats, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and collagen peptides or protein powder. Using a whisk or fork, combine thoroughly.
- In a small microwave safe bowl combine almond milk and coconut oil. Microwave for 30 seconds then whisk with a fork and repeat until coconut oil is completely melted. Add vanilla extract and maple syrup. Give it a quick stir, the oil will separate but that’s okay!
- Pour wet ingredients into the large bowl with dry ingredients, stir well.
- Fold in blueberries carefully.
- Distribute batter evenly, fill liners about ⅔ way
I used large liners and made 6 muffins, you can use the regular size liners and make 12 muffins if you prefer! Adjust bake time to 17-20 minutes.
- Bake at 375℉ for 22-25 minutes
- Use a toothpick to check if they are done!
- LET THEM COOL COMPLETELY- This is HARD, I know they smell good and you want to eat them right away but the blueberries will need time to set.
- Use unflavored collagen peptides or unflavored protein powder. If you do use regular sweetened protein powder then adjust the sugar/maple syrup accordingly!