CHICKPEA TIKKA TACOS! These vegetarian tacos are loaded with flavor and can be prepared in under 30 minutes, making it perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
TACOS- my husband's favorite food after Pizza. We have tacos almost weekly but lately I have not been in the mood for our regular go-to tacos. These Chickpea Tikka Tacos are hearty and filling, topped with cucumber mango salsa for such balanced flavors.
Pregnancy has been so very different for me this time around. SO many food aversions and unfortunately poultry has been one of those so I've been experimenting with more plant based proteins. This one is definitely worth sharing!
What you need:
- Your favorite tortillas for tacos. We like street tacos- corn or flour
- 1 can of chick peas, drained and rinsed
- Pataks Tikka Masala Concentrated Curry Paste
- Cooking oil
- Jalapenos (optional)
- Red onion
- Corn (frozen)
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Lemon or lime
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper (optional)
These tacos are quick and easy, honestly can be prepared well under 30 minutes so it's perfect for weeknights or a quick meal on the fly! Have leftovers? Throw the chickpea tikka over some rice and top with leftover salsa, give it a quick squeeze of lime- perfect for lunch the next day!
This is a great vegetarian option for those of us who are trying to get more veggies in their diet. Chickpeas are hearty and a great substitute for chicken or turkey, lower in calories and saturated fat. These little legumes are packed with protein and fiber making them such a great alternative for meat based protein.
Chickpea Tikka TacosCourse: EntreesCuisine: Indian
CHICKPEA TIKKA TACOS! These vegetarian tacos are loaded with flavor! These tacos can be prepared in under 30 minutes making it perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
6-8 corn or flour tortillas (street taco size work the best)
1 can of chick peas, drained and rinsed
2-3 tablespoon Pataks Tikka Masala Concentrated Curry Paste (see notes)
1 tablespoon Cooking oil
2 tablespoon water
Jalapenos, sliced (optional)
½ cucumber, diced
¼ mango, diced
¼ red onion, diced
1 roma tomato, diced
½ cup corn (thaw frozen corn)
2 tablespoon plain greek yogurt or sour cream
1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ -1 teaspoon salt (adjust per taste)
Few sprigs of cilantro- chopped
- Chickpeas- heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non -stick pot over medium heat. Add chickpeas and paste to pot. Add 2 tablespoon water and stir well, cover and lower temperature to low and cook for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Salsa- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, set aside.
- Assemble tacos, garnish with cilantro, lime and jalapenos as desired. Enjoy!
- We love Pataks Tikka Masala Concentrated Curry Paste. We are able to find it at our local Indian grocery store. I've also seen it at some Walmart locations. Here is an amazon link- https://www.amazon.com/Pataks-Tikka-Masala-Paste-10/dp/B002TJE984