Do you need a different take on your turkey sliders/burgers this grilling season? Try this Chimichurri Turkey Sliders recipe to change it up!
This is a quick recipe loaded with fresh herbs, garlic, spicy chili peppers. It's ready within minutes- it just takes a quick spin of a mini food processor to add so much flavor to your summer turkey sliders. You control the spice level but it's still loaded with delicious fresh flavors from all the fresh ingredients!
I make small patties using parchment paper pieces in each hand to avoid sticking, you can also use oil. I grill these on a cast iron skillet but highly recommend grilling them outside. You can also adjust the spice level to your taste and add more garlic if that's your thing! I make a simple garlic mayo for our sliders and it is absolutely delicious! You can also try this Garlic Dill Aioli for this slider or any slider/burger!
Need to add more veggies to your meals? Try making sweet potato slider buns. Slice sweet potatoes into ¾ - 1 inch round circles, place them in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake them at 350 for 25-30 minutes, flip and bake for another 5 minutes. Let them cool on a cooling rack then add your favorite condiments and burger patty!
What is Chimichurri
Chimichurri is an uncooked sauce that is mainly used as a condiment in Argentina and Uruguay. It is typically made of parsley, garlic, high quality olive oil, oregano and red wine vinegar. All the ingredients are chopped finely, they don't use a food processor! Give it a try if you have the time and patience, I bet it will taste delicious! This beautiful, colorful, and flavorful condiment is used on steak, chicken and fish! Of course, you can put your own twist on it and enjoy it on anything you want. The blend of flavors will taste good on just about anything!
This is just my take on a chimichurri and I use it to add flavor to turkey sliders, it is by no means “authentic” but it makes really tasty turkey sliders!
Chimichurri Turkey SlidersCourse: Recipes
Chimichurri Turkey Sliders - a different take on those summer turkey sliders hot and ready off the grill! A quick recipe loaded with fresh herbs, garlic, spicy chili peppers that is easy and delicious!
1 lb ground turkey
¼ red onion- diced
¼ sweet pepper or 2 small sweet peppers
½ cup packed parsley leaves
fresh oregano- leaves from a few sprigs
2 -3 garlic cloves
2-3 spicy chili peppers
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup breadcrumbs (optional)
- In a large bowl add ground turkey, egg, red onion and bread crumbs if using. Set aside
- In a mini food processor combine sweet peppers, parsley, oregano, garlic cloves, chili peppers, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Set the food processor to chop mode and pulse for a minute or so. Add this to your bowl with turkey mixture.
- Combine all ingredients and form slider or burger patties. I use small parchment paper pieces in each hand so it doesn’t stick to my hands. Leave the patties on parchment paper so that it’s easy to flip onto the grill.
- Store in the fridge until you’re ready to cook! Freeze them for a quick weeknight meal!
- Cook sliders to internal temperature of 165°F, assemble burger and enjoy!