These Chipotle Chicken Meatballs are perfect as an appetizer or for a meal! They are seasoned so well, you'll get a little spicy, smokey, tangy and slightly sweet all in one bite!
There is so much flavor packed into these tasty meatballs. Ground chicken takes on flavor better than traditional beef meatballs so you can really pack them with flavor.
HOW TO MAKE CHIPOTLE CHICKEN MEATBALLS
Start by finely chopping chipotle pepper and onion, place aside. Mince garlic and measure out all the dry spices. Combine ground chicken, egg, onion, breadcrumbs, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce spices and oil.
Mix everything until well combined and roll into 1 inch balls. Place them directly in a cast iron or non stick skillet with a little cooking spray. Cook until golden brown. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F
TIPS & TRICKS
- Prep ahead- Prepare and freeze uncooked mixture in a tightly sealed zip lock bag. Pull it out of the refrigerator to thaw the night before you plan to use it. Once thawed, roll into balls and cook!
- Substitute ground turkey, it works well with this recipe.
- We love serving these with Banza pasta and homemade garlic cream sauce. It's a very simple recipe, in a small pot heat 2 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon flour into a medium sauce pan and create a roux. Slowly add in 1 cup of milk, continue stirring with a whisk. Once it starts to thicken add 1-2 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon black pepper, and salt to taste. Optional- top with fresh or dry herbs such as basil, parsley, oregano, etc. Double the recipe if needed!
These meatballs are great for weekly meal prep for a quick lunch or dinner. Prepare them ahead of time and freeze them for emergencies! Serve them up with pasta and alfredo sauce, rice, roasted veggies, etc. We serve them up with Banza pasta (made from chick peas so their pasta is high in protein and fiber!).
Chipotle Chicken MeatballsCourse: Appetizer, Entrees
These Chipotle Chicken Meatballs are perfect as an appetizer or for a meal! These meatballs are seasoned so well. You get a little spicy, smokey, tangy and slightly sweet all in one bite!
1 lb ground chicken
½ onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2-3 chipotle peppers and 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from a can)
3 tablespoon breadcrumbs
½ teaspoon dry oregano
½ teaspoon dry thyme
1 teaspoon salt
½ black pepper
1 tablespoon oil
- Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well
- Spray a cast iron skillet or non-stick pan with cooking spray. Roll into 1 inch balls and place directly into a pan.
- Cook over medium low heat for 5-6 minutes, uncovered. Flip and cook for another 5-6 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Cook longer if needed.
- Removed from heat and serve! Enjoy!