This Creamy Pesto Crostini with Blistered Tomatoes, garlic, and cream cheese is quick, simple and SO addicting! Once it's on the table, it's not going to last very long! It's perfect to make just before a party. Keep this Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto on hand for a quick appetizer that will leave all your guests satisfied and asking for more! This is hands down one of my favorite appetizers.
This appetizer is SO easy to throw together, less than 20 minutes start to finish. You can blister the tomatoes and garlic ahead of time if you know you will be pressed for time because after that it's just a matter of toasting the bread in the oven and assembling this quick appetizer.
I love the layers of flavor from the crispy baguette to cream cheese, creamy pesto, blistered garlicy tomatoes all the way to the top that's garnished with crushed red peppers, salt, pepper and fresh basil! Perfect bite every time!
Pair this appetizer with a margarita or your favorite summer drink! I've been drinking a lot of Kombucha recently so I had to pour a glass while I devoured this delicious appetizer.
What you need to make this pesto crostini:
- THIS Creamy Genovese Pesto
- Fresh Baguette
- Cream cheese
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh garlic cloves
- Jalapeno (optional)
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
- Salt + Pepper
Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto is packed with so much flavor and is so versatile. It's so convenient to keep this in the pantry as a staple for so many dishes. You can use it for pasta, as a spread on a sandwich, as pizza sauce, on grains, marinade for meat, sauté with some veggies for extra flavor, use it as a dip, etc. The possibilities are endless!
This smooth and creamy pesto is so great to have on hand, true pantry staple. It is delicious and enhances any meal whether it's on pasta, pizza, chicken, sandwiches or eggs- it truly is delicious. The basil used to make this pesto is imported from Parma, Italy and mixed with freshly grated Italian cheese. It is savory, creamy and has a smooth texture making it ideal for so many dishes. A 6.2 ounce jar typically retails for $3.29. This little jar goes a long way- mix one jar with 16 oz of pasta for a quick side dish
Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto can be purchased at Super Target, Publix, Super Stop & Shop, Meijer, ShopRite, Hy-Vee, Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, and more!
Creamy Pesto Crostini with Blistered TomatoesCourse: Appetizers
This Creamy Pesto Crostini with Blistered Tomatoes, garlic, and cream cheese is quick, simple and SO addicting! Once it's on the table, it's not going to last very long! It's perfect to make just before a party.
1 jar of Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto
1 fresh baguette
8 oz cream cheese
10 oz container of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
2 cloves fresh garlic, cut into thin slices
1 teaspoon olive oil (or use cooking spray)
1 -2 minced jalapeno or serrano (optional)
fresh basil (optional) for garnish
crushed red pepper to taste (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Take cream cheese out of fridge to soften (makes it easier to spread)
- Cut baguette into slices for crostini (about half inch slices). Place slices on a sheet pan and bake for 3-5 minutes.
- Cut tomatoes in half and cut garlic into thin slices. In a hot skillet add oil or spray with cooking spray. Add garlic slices and tomatoes. Let it cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the tomatoes start to blister and the garlic starts to brown, remove from heat and set aside.
- If you want to add spice to your pesto- add minced jalapeno or serrano, stir well.
- Start assembling crostini- start with spreading cream cheese, then pesto, top with blistered tomatoes and garlic, add crushed red pepper, salt, pepper and fresh basil.