Anyone else LOVE going to Starbucks more for their Sous Vide Egg Bites than coffee?? ME, I do- especially during this pregnancy. When cravings hit, they hit hard! I love eating them right away when they are piping hot!
Being pregnant also means not wanting to leave the house often especially while in the middle of a pandemic so I tried to figure out how I could create similar egg bites at home but without a sous vide machine (I don't need anymore appliances right now, my husband will kill me).
I have talked to several moms who craved these egg bites during pregnancy so I quickly shared the hack on my Instagram page and saved it to the highlights for them but wanted to create a blog post to share on here as well. So, how do we make these delicious, soft and fluffy egg bites?! With lots of milk and cheese (yum) then cook in the oven on low heat for a longer period of time.
What you need:
- Cheese- I love using gruyere or cheddar jack
- Milk (whole works best but 2% or skim work too)
- Cooked bacon
- Fresh jalapenos (optional)
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
You can honestly add any ingredients you like with your eggs! Add red peppers, onions, broccoli (my daughter likes broccoli and cheddar egg bites), etc.
Egg bites are perfect for prep ahead breakfast for the week! It is so helpful to have these on hand for busy mornings whether you need to take them on the go or are working from home. Pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds or so and they are ready to eat! We even eat them as a snack or as part of our lunch sometimes!
I promise these are so quick and easy to make and you can store them in the fridge for up to a week or freeze them if you're prepping a larger batch!
Egg Bites (Sous Vide Oven Hack)Course: BreakfastCuisine: American
Bacon, Jalapeno & Gruyere Sous Vide Egg Bites (oven hack) for perfect, fluffy delicious egg bites at home! I love eating them right away when they are piping hot!
½ cup milk
½ cup shredded cheese, gruyere or cheddar
4-5 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
1 fresh jalapeno- chopped (optional)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- Preheat oven to 275°F
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and milk, whisk until well blended.
- Add cheese, bacon, jalapenos, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. Mix well with fork.
- Grease cupcake tin. Using a ladle or ice cream scoop pour mixture evenly into 12 portions.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check the center of one egg bite with a toothpick or fork so ensure it's completely cooked through.
- Enjoy immediately or store in fridge for 4-5 days, freeze for up to 2 months!