Lavender Lemon Almond Cookies! These cookies are SO simple- almond flour, maple syrup, lemon extract, lavender syrup and lemon zest! They are so perfect for spring/summer, I honestly like lemon desserts all year round and the hint of lavender gives it such a nice balance! I like decorating them with royal frosting but it's completely optional! I save a few without frosting for our toddler who LOVES this simple dessert.
What you'll need for these Lavender Lemon Almond Cookies:
- Almond flour (I get mine from Thrive Market, click here)
- Maple syrup
- Lemon extract
- Lavender syrup (I purchased mine on Amazon, click here or picture below)
- Lemon zest (optional)
- Royal frosting (optional)
For me these cookies are so fun! I can set up a "tea party" with my toddler and enjoy the unfrosted cookies with her while sipping imaginary tea! I also don't feel guilty letting her indulge in a cookie because it contains minimal ingredients and hardly any refined sugar. Refined sugar has a place in our diets but if I can find a way to reduce/cut it out for a certain item, I'm ALL FOR IT!
I made a similar version of these cookies when we had some cousins visiting and one of them mentioned it reminded them of Kaju Katli. Kaju Katli is an Indian sweet made from cashews, milk and sugar. We thought it would be such a good idea to make and hand these out as Diwali desserts next year! They can be cut/decorated in so many different ways depending on the holiday/festival!
Fun fact: I had no plans on using dried flowers for this post but my husband brought home "just because" flowers a few weeks before I planned to take these photos so I saved them! I thought it was a fun way to document the sweet gesture!
Lavender Lemon Almond CookiesCourse: Desserts, Recipes
Lavender Lemon Almond Cookies! Just almond flour, maple syrup, lemon extract, lavender syrup and lemon zest! Add some frosting to make them festive! Perfect for spring/summer!
Almond flour, 2 ¼ cups
Maple syrup, ½ cup
Lemon extract, 2 tsp
Lavender syrup, 1 tbsp
Lemon zest, 1-2 teaspoon (optional)
Royal frosting and food coloring (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F
- In a large mixing bowl, add almond flour, maple syrup, lemon extract, lavender syrup and half of lemon zest (if using). Mix well and add more almond flour if needed to reach easy to roll out cookie dough texture.
- Form dough into a ball and cover completely with cling wrap/saran wrap. Place in freezer for 10 minutes
- Remove dough from freezer and roll it out with a rolling pin. TIP: use parchment paper under and over the dough to roll it out easily without sticking to your rolling pin.
Using cookie cutters, cut out cookies and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cookies hold their form but remain soft. Let them cool completely. Decorate with frosting or enjoy them as they are with tea/coffee!