Mexican Farro Salad! This farro salad is delicious and so hearty, making it a perfect side dish/salad to any meal. It's very simple to put together especially if you have some leftover cooked farro on hand.
Have y’all tried Farro? This ancient wheat grain is such a great alternative to refined grains. I strongly recommend trying this grain if you're tired of your typical rotation of white rice, brown rice, and quinoa. You can add it to salads, soups or in place of rice for any recipe!
It is such a great addition to our weekly meals, it adds variety so we don’t get bored with our meals. When I made this salad for my husband, he seriously looked at it and made “THAT” face- you know the one when someone looks at something and thinks “what is that? It looks boring” Well he tried it, took seconds and willingly took it to work for lunch the following day! Yup, it’s pretty good!
Why it's such a great addition to your diet
Farro is high in protein and fiber as well as B-vitamins, magnesium and zinc just to name a few! This ancient grain also contains antioxidants to fight free radicals in your body!
For this Mexican Farro Salad you need:
- Cooked farro (see cooking instructions on package)
- Black beans (canned- drained and rinsed)
- Corn (frozen- thawed or canned- drained and rinsed)
- Red onion
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
If you are missing any of these ingredients, don't worry. Use what you have, I promise it'll still turn out great!
The farro in this Mexican Farro Salad adds a chewy/nutty texture to each spoonful giving it the perfect bite!
Meal Prep Tip: Cook a larger batch and freeze in ½ - 1 cup containers/bags as meal prep!
Other side dishes to try:
Mexican Farro SaladCourse: Sides
This farro salad is delicious and so hearty, it's a perfect side dish/salad to any meal.
1 cup cooked farro (see cooking instructions on package)
½ cup black beans (canned- drained and rinsed)
¼ cup corn (frozen- thawed or canned- drained and rinsed)
½ cucumber (chopped)
¼ red onion (chopped)
1 tomatoes (chopped)
cilantro for garnish- chop and add as desired
3 tablespoon olive oil
2-3 tablespoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook farro per instructions on package (you can do this ahead of time as part of your meal prep. Store in the fridge for up to 4-5 days or freeze in an airtight container or ziplock bag)
- Chop and prepare all ingredients, set aside
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked farro along with all ingredients and dressing. Garnish with cilantro and serve!