Where are my MOCHA lovers?! These Mocha Almond Collagen Bars are SO decadent and indulgent! They are full of nutrient rich and energy boosting ingredients like almonds, hemp hearts, collagen powder and best of all, espresso powder/instant coffee! Sweetened with dates and chocolate chips it's such a treat!
The combination of espresso powder, cocoa powder and chocolate chips makes this energy packed bar taste like dessert! I don't know about y'all but I LOVE anything with chocolate chips! Almonds, hemp hearts and collagen powder in these bars provide protein to keep you full and satisfied.
I think these are perfect to have on hand for breakfast or a pick me up snack! They store well for up to 10 days and travel easily whether it's to work or a road trip snack!
Snacks are so great to have on hand and prepping them in advance helps especially for busy, on the go families. It takes some time to plan out meals and snacks but anyone who preps and plans in advance will tell you that it's absolutely worth it!
What you need to make these Mocha Almond Collagen Bars:
- Hemp hearts
- Cocoa Powder
- Espresso powder/Instant coffee
- Unflavored collagen powder- I use Vital Proteins
- Semi-sweet chocolate chip
- Sliced almonds (optional)
Other recipes you might enjoy:
Mocha Almond Collagen BarsCourse: Snacks, Breakfast
Medjool dates- 12 oz (18-20 dates)
Almonds, raw - ½ cup
Hemp hearts - ¼ cup
Cocoa Powder -1 tbsp
Espresso powder/Instant coffee - 1-2 teaspoon (depending on your flavor preference)
Unflavored collagen powder- 4 scoops (adjust as needed)
Semi-sweet chocolate chip- ½ cup
Sliced almonds (optional)
- Measure chocolate chips and sliced almonds (optional) and set aside
- Measure and add all remaining ingredients to a food processor
- Pulse food processor until ingredients are well blended and reach a crumbly texture.
- Move to a large mixing bowl, add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Using your hands press the mixture into a ball (see pictures above)
- Move to a square or rectangle baking sheet or glassware and flatten- use parchment paper if needed.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
- Store in an air tight container for up to 10 days