PEANUT BUTTER. BERRY COMPOTE. PANCAKES. Need I say more? This recipe makes for a perfect brunch dish or a fun family breakfast with loved ones!
This is a healthier take on peanut butter & jelly pancakes! It’s perfect for kids and adults. Get your kiddos in the kitchen for this one, they will be so excited to help make breakfast/dessert! Make it a head of time and pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds when you're ready to eat!
Breakfast or dessert- this oven-baked oatmeal pancake is perfect for a quick pick me up! I love pancakes but hate standing in front of the stove, pouring and flipping, then trying to keep them warm without them getting soggy! This is so much easier for those busy or lazy weekend mornings!
Use your favorite peanut butter and your favorite compote or jam! I have a delicious triple berry compote recipe that is absolutely perfect for this recipe. Click here for the recipe!
I love using oat flour because it's so much more filling than regular flour and loaded with fiber! These delicious tiny little berries are full of antioxidants and vitamin C making this a nutritiously balanced recipe!
This recipe calls for 100% oat flour, Greek yogurt and and homemade compote. If you are looking to make this even healthier, use a natural peanut butter or almond butter. I love using Justin's Maple Almond Butter but for the pictured recipe I used regular peanut butter because that's what my daughter likes (not sponsored, just sharing products I like to use).
Let's talk nut butters
When you're shopping for natural or clean nut butters- look for simple ingredients and a short list of ingredients. The list will look something like "roasted peanuts, palm oil, salt" or "roasted almonds, maple sugar, palm oil, salt".
Palm oil is a naturally stable oil so you won't find yourself frustrated trying to stir that amazing, natural, healthy and expensive nut butter you bought but now the oil has separated and it's impossible to use! If you do have one of these jars sitting in your pantry simply try storing it upside down, this will help the oil move through the peanut butter so that it's easier to use or spread.
I hope you love this peanut butter & jelly pancake alternative as much as I do!
Oven-Baked Peanut Butter & Berry Compote Oatmeal PancakeCourse: Breakfast, Dessert
Peanut butter and berry compote pancakes! Made with oat flour, yogurt and homemade compote! Quick and easy alternative to a pancake brunch with your loved ones!
1 ½ cups oat flour (I used whole rolled oats and ran it through a mini food processor)
1 cup greek yogurt
½ cup compote (click here for my quick recipe)
¼ cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 egg (optional- if you want a fluffier pancake)
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- If you’re using rolled oats then run them through a food processor until it’s fine like flour.
- In a large bowl, combine oat flour, greek yogurt, baking powder, salt and egg if you’re using. Whisk together until you have a well combined batter.
- Coat a cast iron skillet with cooking spray (use a baking pan if you don’t have a cast iron skillet) and pour batter into skillet or pan.
- Using a spoon, drop peanut butter and compote into the skillet by spoonfuls, spread evenly. See picture
- Using your spoon, swirl the peanut butter and compote around (see picture). If you have kiddos helping you- they will really enjoy this part)
- Bake at 350℉ for 15-20 minutes
- Remove from oven and let it cool (I know this is the hard part!)
Cut into 8 wedges or squares, serve with fresh berries and maple syrup! Enjoy!