SALSA! It is seriously one of my favorite things to eat, whether it's with chips, on tacos, or on breakfast eggs/omelet.
My mom makes some of the best salsa and this is my take on it! I've tried for years to make it just like hers but it never tastes the same, she says it's because I don't add enough salt- well that can easily be adjusted!
You can never go wrong with salsa so give it a try! It's only a few ingredients that you likely already have on hand.
The roasted jalapenos, onion and garlic give the salsa so much flavor! Roasting takes a little bit of time but oh so worth it!
Roasted Jalapeno SalsaCourse: AppetizersCuisine: Mexican
Salsa! Is there anything better than homemade salsa? This one is just a few ingredients and delicious to have on hand to add to any meal!
14.5 oz can whole tomatoes
1 small onion
4-5 garlic cloves
cilantro - to taste
salt- to taste
- Chop onion and jalapenos- large chunks
- Chop cilantro and set aside
- In a medium pan roast the onion chunks, jalapenos, and garlic with 2-3 tablespoon water over medium heat, cover with a lid for 3 minutes to get a good steam then roast uncovered for an additional 3-5 minutes until you get some good color on the onion, jalapeno and garlic. Stir as needed.
- In a blender (or food processor) blend jalapenos, onion, garlic and can of tomatoes. Blend to desired consistency. Add salt to taste, start with 1 teaspoon and add more as needed.
- Add cilantro, serve and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge in a glass jar for up to 1 week